Sunday, June 29, 2014

New Foundation Love


Guerlain Lingerie De Peau Foundation in 03, Beige Natural










































Ever since it has been such nice weather recently I changed up my foundation routine. I just didn't like the look of satin or even matte skin when the rest of my body is all sticky and glowy from sunscreen and, well, let's face it, sweat.
So I went on the hunt for the perfect foundation for my needs. 


I want my face to have an almost wet, beachy look to it (but not greasy, I know, its tough to please me) but also have decent coverage. Turns out, there aren't very many bases out there that combine the two. As a customer, you pretty much have to choose, coverage and a matte or satin finish or a slippery, tinted- moisturizer-type BB creme. In the summer, all of the above turn out to look "glowy" after a couple of hours in the sun, no matter if you have oily, normal or dry skin, but that was not what I was looking for. There has to be a foundation out there that will give me the same beautiful, healthy-looking-finish from morning to night.

Luckily, the lovely woman at the Guerlain counter knew exactly what I was taking about. When she applied the Guerlain Lingerie De Peau Invisible Skin Foundation it was like angles singing. It just felt so good on my skin, sort of like there was a little man, sitting on my face, constantly moisturizing it. Immediately after application you get the most beautiful finish, which does not change throughout the day, along with medium coverage, without looking like a grease-ball.

Anyway, enough rave. You get it. I love the foundation. Why doesn't it get recognized by the bloggersphere more?

Also, do you know of any other dewy foundations that might perform similarly? I'd love to try them.

Shop this post: Guerlain Lingerie De Peau Invisible Skin Foundation, 61 $


No comments:

Post a Comment